Because of the ongoing internal roofing issues at St Andrew’s Church, this concert will now take place at the nearby St Mark’s Church, St Mark’s Hill, Surbiton KT6 4LS.
The first countertenor to win the Ferrier Award, Hugh is joined by fellow performers Rebecca Leggett, and Thames Concerts’ Artistic Director Ben Costello, in this programme of German lieder, English art song and French mélodie.
Song is central to Hugh’s ambition, and he seeks to expand the possibilities of countertenor repertoire in this sphere. In the 2022/2023 season, he performs ‘Untethered’, a programme based on Michael A. Singer’s book ‘The Untethered Soul’ which centres around the concept of liberation, namely from the thoughts and perspectives that disturb our daily lives. He performs this first at the Brighton Festival, and in this Thames Concerts 2022/23 Series. Many of these works will be recorded as part of Hugh’s involvement in the BBC New Generation Artist scheme for later broadcast on Radio 3.
Admission £16 on the door (or at an advance discount via Ticketweb).
BUY NOW (TICKETWEB)
St Mark’s Church,
St Mark’s Hill,
Doors open 6.45pm
Concert starts 7.30pm
How to book
- On-line or by phone at an advance discount via www.ticketweb.uk / 08444 77 1000. Audience members should bring email confirmation/identification to the event.
- In person: on the door at each event from 6.45pm (full price cash/cheque/card).
- For all concerts admission is free to under-16s and full-time students (subject to availability). Identification will be requested but tickets are not required.
- An individual great value season ticket gaining entry to all concerts costs just £60 and can be purchased directly from Thames Concerts moc.strecnocsemahtnull@ofni.
- St Andrew’s Church is wheelchair accessible and accompanying carers are admitted free (carer tickets not required).
- It is not necessary to book tickets for the Farmers’ Market Day morning coffee concerts, but voluntary donations are gratefully accepted.
- Latecomers are only admitted during a suitable pause in the performances. Programmes may be subject to change at short notice. Thames Concerts reserves the right to refuse admission. Evening concerts are not suitable for children under the age of 6.
10% off on your concert day at the following local establishments:
(Show your email/programme to staff)