Thames Concerts’ 2020/21 Series welcomes the Behn String Quartet: Laura Lunansky and Alicia Berendse (violin), Ana Teresa de Braga e Alves (viola), and Ghislaine McMullin (violoncello).
- String Quartet in E flat (1834) – Fanny Mendelssohn-Hensel
- String Quartet No 4 in C minor Op 18 No 4 – Ludwig van Beethoven
- String Quartet No 6 in F minor Op 80 – Felix Mendelssohn
- Quartettsatz (D.703) – Schubert
The Behn Quartet is formed of players from England, Portugal, and the Netherlands. Winners of the 2017 Orlando International Chamber Music Competition, they are currently an Associate Ensemble at the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire, and previously held the CAVATINA Chamber Music Fellowship at the Royal Academy of Music in London. They take their name from Aphra Behn, the seventeenth-century playwright, political activist, and philanthropist of the arts.
Since their formation in 2015, the Behn Quartet have given recitals across Europe, including at the West Cork Chamber Music Festival, the String Quartet Biennale Amsterdam, at the Fondazione Cini Venice and the Filarmonica Laudamo Messina in association with Le Dimore del Quartetto. They made their Wigmore Hall recital debut in 2018.
Thames Concerts is one of London’s premiere recital series (established in the 1960s). Despite ongoing challenges to the whole music industry relating to the Covid-19 situation, we are proud that our concerts will continue to take place in a safe, regulated environment, the home of the series, St Andrew’s Church, Surbiton.
Admission £15 on the door (or at an advance discount via Ticketweb). Admission free (no ticket required) to full-time students, under-16s, and accompanying carers of the disabled.
St Andrew’s Church,
Doors open 6.45pm
Concert starts 7.30pm
How to book
- On-line or by phone at an advance discount via www.ticketweb.uk / 08444 77 1000. Audience members should bring email confirmation/I.D. to the event.
- In person: on the door at each event from 6.45pm (full price cash/cheque/card).
- For all concerts admission is free to under-16s and full-time students (subject to availability). I.D. will be requested. Tickets are not required.
- An individual great value season ticket gaining entry to all concerts costs just £60 and can be purchased directly from Thames Concerts moc.strecnocsemahtnull@ofni.
- St Andrew’s Church is wheelchair accessible and accompanying carers are admitted free (carer tickets not required).
- It is not necessary to book tickets for the Farmers’ Market Day morning coffee concerts, but voluntary donations are gratefully accepted.
10% off on your concert day at the following local establishments:
(Show your email/programme to staff)