Because of unforeseen circumstances we regret to announce that Robin Blaze is unable to perform at this event. We are delighted that his distinguished colleague counter-tenor Michael Chance CBE is able to take his place. The programme will remain largely unaffected.
A rare chance to hear these two distinguished international singers Michael Chance and Joanne Lunn perform together in an eclectic programme, accompanied by Thames Concerts’ Artistic Director Benjamin Costello.
A programme of ravishing solos and duets from Handel’s dramatic oratorios Jephtha and Solomon, with English songs by Ralph Vaughan Williams, Frank Bridge, Hubert Parry and George Butterworth.
Michael Chance, his counter-tenor coppery gold as the Voice of Apollo.
The Times, on DEATH IN VENICE
Tickets on the door £14 (or at a discount via Ticketweb)
How to book
- On-line or by phone at a 10% discount via www.ticketweb.co.uk / 08444 771 000. Audience members should bring email confirmation/I.D. to the event.
- In person: on the door at each event from 6.45pm (full price cash/cheque).
- For all concerts admission is free to under-16s and full-time students (subject to availability). I.D. will be requested. Tickets are not required.
- An individual great value season ticket gaining entry to all concerts costs just £60 and can be purchased directly from Thames Concerts moc.strecnocsemahtnull@ofni.
- St Andrew’s Church is wheelchair accessible and accompanying carers are admitted free (carer tickets not required).