In this fourth evening concert in the series, this dynamic young duo present major works by Rachmaninov and Britten. Both Samson Tsoy and Pavel Kolesnikov enjoy successful solo careers in their own right, and this is a rare chance to hear them perform together on two grand pianos.
Sergei Rachmaninoff – Suite No 1 for two pianos, ‘Fantaisie-tableaux’ Op. 5
Benjamin Britten – Introduction and Ronda alla Burlesca Op. 23 No. 1
Benjamin Britten – Mazurka elegiaca Op. 23 No. 2
Sergei Rachmaninoff – Suite No 2 for two pianos Op. 17
“… Ferocious temperament, brilliant virtuosity and poetic soul… ” – The Russian Musician
“brilliance, but also a caressing, almost sly intimacy” – The Telegraph
Tickets on the door £14 (or at a discount via Ticketweb)
How to book
- On-line or by phone at a 10% discount via www.ticketweb.co.uk / 08444 771 000. Audience members should bring email confirmation/I.D. to the event.
- In person: on the door at each event from 6.45pm (full price cash/cheque).
- For all concerts admission is free to under-16s and full-time students (subject to availability). I.D. will be requested. Tickets are not required.
- An individual great value season ticket gaining entry to all concerts costs just £60 and can be purchased directly from Thames Concerts firstname.lastname@example.org.
- St Andrew’s Church is wheelchair accessible and accompanying carers are admitted free (carer tickets not required).