The first solo lute recital in a Thames Concerts series, given by distinguished lutenist Elizabeth Kenny. She presents a programme of Weiss, and selections from the glorious Saizenay and Balcaress lute books.
- Sonata for lute No 5 in G – Silvius Leopold Weiss
- Berceuse with 7 variations, for theorbo – Nico Muhly
- Pieces de lut du vieux Gallot, from the Saizenay manuscript for lute and theorbo – Various
- Tunes from the Balcarres Lute Book – Various
Tickets on the door £14 (or at a discount via Ticketweb)
St Andrew’s Church,
Doors open 6.45pm
Concert starts 7.30pm
How to book
- On-line or by phone at an advance discount via www.ticketweb.uk / 08444 771 000. Audience members should bring email confirmation/I.D. to the event.
- In person: on the door at each event from 6.45pm (full price cash/cheque).
- For all concerts admission is free to under-16s and full-time students (subject to availability). I.D. will be requested. Tickets are not required.
- An individual great value season ticket gaining entry to all concerts costs just £55 and can be purchased directly from Thames Concerts moc.strecnocsemahtnull@ofni
- St Andrew’s Church is wheelchair accessible and accompanying carers are admitted free (carer tickets not required).
- It is not necessary to book tickets for the Farmers’ Market Day morning coffee concerts but voluntary donations are gratefully accepted.
10% off on your concert day at the following local establishments:
(Show your email/programme to staff)